Dominic Calvert-Lewin, the outstanding striker for Everton, might miss up to 10 weeks of the next Premier League season. As a result, he will undoubtedly miss the trip to Villa Park on August 13.
The English international’s knee injury was confirmed by the team in a statement, and according to various reports, he could be out for six to ten weeks.
Richarlison, a Brazilian forward, was sold to Everton earlier in the transfer window, leaving the Toffees without any established strikers on their roster unless they make a move in the transfer market before their match against Aston Villa.
Although no one wants an injury to a player, Calvert-setback Lewin’s offers Villa a significant edge in their matchup with Chelsea in little over a week.
More Aston Villa latest news: Lange must axe “inconsistent” £78k Villa flop after Gerrard’s Bodymoor Heath snub
More Aston Villa latest news: The Seven Questions Gerrard Needs to Answer
The bad news for their first opponents, Bournemouth, also comes as Cherries manager Scott Parker said that two of his summer recruits would also miss the first match against the claret & blue due to personal issues.
What has been said?
Frank Lampard: “We are examining Dom’s wound. We are optimistic that it is not long-term even though no timeline has been specified. We are very certain of the level it is at.
He will be missed by Chelsea. He appeared to be in excellent physical shape and was training quite well. It was a freak accident during practise, which does occur. It’s unfortunate, but before Dominic returns, we must figure out how to maintain ourselves strong without him.