Newcastle has given Mykhaylo Mudryk a significant boost, as well as a contract for Bruno Guimaraes.
A roundup of the most recent Newcastle United transfer rumours
The following are the latest Newcastle United transfer rumours for Thursday, October 27.
According to Football Insider, Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhaylo Mudryk is ‘open’ to joining Newcastle United next year. On Tuesday evening, the Ukrainian international produced a fantastic goal as Shakhtar drew 1-1 with Celtic in the UEFA Champions League.
His goal also maintained them in contention to go to the knockout round, as they meet RB Leipzig next month for second place in Group F. Mudryk has three goals and two assists in five European appearances this season.
According to Football Insider, Mudryk is ‘keen’ on a move to the Premier League next year, although a move might be delayed until next summer if Shakhtar advance for the Champions League knockout rounds.
According to the article, Eddie Howe will’revisit the issue’ in January as he attempts to add more firepower to his assault. Brentford’s £26 million bid for Mudryk was rejected, while Arsenal has also been heavily connected with the 21-year-old.
Goal Newcastle are reportedly planning to offer Bruno Guimaraes a new deal in order to fight off Chelsea’s interest. When the transfer market reopens in January, the Blues are said to be’studying a proposal’ for the Brazilian midfielder.
Aside from Chelsea, Real Madrid is another European powerhouse interested in the Newcastle midfielder. However, no release clause exists in his present deal, which has four years remaining.
Newcastle want to assure his long-term future by making him the highest-paid player in the club, with Goal estimating that he’ll earn almost £200,000 per week.
Guimaraes joined Newcastle from Lyon in January for £40 million and has instantly become a fan favourite at St James’ Park. The 24-year-old midfield maestro has two goals and two assists in nine league games this season, and seven goals and three assists in 27 appearances since arriving from France.
Contract with Batty
Despite strong interest from Newcastle United and Leeds United, Jake Batty has signed a professional deal with Blackburn Rovers. The 17-year-old has signed a three-year contract with Rovers, becoming one of many youngsters to commit their careers to Ewood Park.
Batty made his senior debut against Hartlepool United in the Carabao Cup earlier this season and was an unused replacement as Rovers overcame Bradford City 2-1 at Valley Parade in the second round.
“Jake is still just 17 years old, and we will continue to work with him on his development both in a team and individual context,” said Blackburn’s director of football Gregg Broughton.
“There was tremendous interest from Premier League teams over the summer after Jake’s performances for our Under-18s team last season and internationally with England, and it would have been simple for Jake to grab these possibilities for big short-term rewards.”