Destination Australia Scholarship is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education. It aligns with the National Strategy for International Education 2025.
The scholarship’s objective is to:
- Attract and support study in regional Australia
- Grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers
- Offer students a high-quality learning experience.
Students from low-socioeconomic status (low-SES), and who are first in family to tertiary study, and those living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Host Country: Australia
- Study Abroad:
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: AUD $15,000 per year
- Deadline: January 18, 2023
To be considered for University of Queensland Destination Australia Scholarship, applicants are expected to complete the online application form for the scholarship program.
You are also expected to submit:
- A personal statement (limit 300 words)
You’ll need to submit your application by the following closing dates:
You’re eligible if you:
- are an international student
- hold a student visa for the scholarship’s duration
- are a commencing student
- are UQ alumni commencing a different program (for example, Master’s after completing a Bachelor’s degree)
- have a full offer to study an eligible program delivered entirely at the UQ Gatton campus in 2023 (you don’t need to accept your full offer by the scholarship application deadline).
- will study full-time via Internal study mode at UQ’s Gatton campus for the scholarship’s duration
- reside in a regional area of Australia for the scholarship’s duration as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure 2016 (Australian Bureau of Statistics)
Dual degrees with the Bachelor of Agribusiness and Master of Agricultural Science (Plant Protection field of study) are not eligible because they are not delivered full-time at UQ Gatton.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
AUD $15,000 per year
For the program’s duration (maximum 4 years)
- Agricultural Sciences
- Equine Science
- Veterinary Science
- Veterinary Technology
- Wildlife Science
Method of Application
If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will be automatically considered for the IMES.
You will be considered for this scholarship shortly after you receive an offer of admission to UBC. Scholarship decisions are made between mid-March to the end of April each year.